Tools & Fun
iCatchall, iCatchall Tools, and iCatchall Travel
The best value in the App Store?
The iCatchall Tools edition will have all the features that are even remotely useful.
The iCatchall Travel edition will have the features specialized for travelers.
The iCatchall edition will have some silly things in addition to the useful stuff.
- Contact Clone: Share contact information over a WiFi network.
- Currency Converter: Figure out how much things cost in another country. (Exchange rates are updated daily if an Internet connection is available.)
- Digital Clock: everyone loves alarm clocks!
- File Storage: yep, save files on your iPhone or iPod touch to take with you! Has to be something in iCatchall that proves I'm capable of far more than the "Tip Calculator" level of programming expertise.
- Flashlight: perfect for emergencies like zombie attacks. Nearly Infinite color choices *
- Hourglass Timer: an elegant hourglass animates to act as a timer for games, etc.
- Level: straighten those pictures around the house!
- Lunar Calendar: see the phase of the moon.
- Massager: iPhone only. It's vibrariffic.
- Measure: measure small things.
- Remember One Thing: remembers not two, not three, just One thing.
- Reward for Return: Build a wallpaper screen with your contact information in case your iPhone/iPod is lost.
- Tap Counter: you tap, it counts.
- Tip Calculator: it does the math so you don't have to.
- Unit Converter: convert inches to cm, pints to liters, KPH to knots, cubits to furlongs and much more.
- Fun Stuff
- 2-player Poker: Play Texas Hold'em against a friend!
- Flip a Coin: does what it says.
- Rock-Paper-Scissors: don't let your iPhone beat you! We analyzed historic and classic RPS matches (like the Cleland/Gatica final in '08) to optimize strategy. It uses the iPhone's motion tracking to take into account subtle unconscious shifts in your hand position: the slight twist when you're going for Paper, the clenching motion as you choose Rock. **
- Roll the Dice: Roll 1 to 5 dice.
- Deal Cards: Shuffle up.
- Flaming Balls of Fire: much better than a simple lighter.
- iPhone Five!: be more like The Todd.
- Kitchen Sink the Game: keep coins out of the plumbing & don't touch the moldy food. More addictive and challenging than you might think!
- Stack Poker Chips: a pile of chips to play with.
- Tap Dancing Simulator: get your riverdance on. The first Tap Dance simulator on the iPhone. Yeah, that's something for my resume. Somehow, this seems more impressive.
- iHuh?: Huh? Hmm?
- Flatulence: recreate that scene from Blazing Saddles.
- Music Video: it's a music video!
- Rim Shot: punctuate that punch line.
- Studio Audience: get the applause you deserve.
- Tell a Friend: tell your friends how cool iCatchall is.
For "Tools", that works out to 6¢ per feature. "Tools & Fun" is an even better value at less than 4¢ per feature!
I'd feel guilty charging separately for many of these tools; but all in one, it's an awesome deal. The value will only keep increasing--we've added one Tool and one Fun that will appear in a free update soon!
* If you define "Nearly Infinite" as exactly 139,520 color choices. The flashlight is an excellent example of an app by somebody who knows programming vs somebody learning programming. An iPhone flashlight with a few buttons to pick 5 set colors? Sliders for Red/Green/Blue values? Really? Not iCatchall--it detects your finger motion, and use that to generate color values to make a huge variety of color choices, simply by touching and moving your finger. Duh.
** Nah, it's just random :)